This spring there are numerous opportunities for you to learn, meet and have input, and they are all discussed in the March newsletter. Events include: a March focus group for ages 55-68; an April Healthy Housing Symposium, a Tour of a Co-housing community on March 11; a May CHV Town Hall; and much more!
A Greater Capitol Hill for
Long Life: Health Care and Housing
in the Community
CHV’s symposium series continues on Friday, April 13, 2018 at the Healthy Housing Symposium from 10am–2 pm at Kaiser Permanente’s Center for Total Health at 700 2nd St NE. Planning is still underway, but the event is going to examine new and old trends in housing for seniors. Topics include:
• Leveraging Your Property for the Long Term
• Building Community in New Apartment / Condo Complexes
• Building Amenities to Support Long Life in Community
• Affordable housing—designing opportunities on the Hill.
Attendees have the opportunity to meet with individuals and organizations in a science-fair setting to get in-depth information on specific topics. Also, attendees with share ideas and thoughts about what local priorities should be around housing and communities amenities so we can help inform decision makers.
Please join us! To register call (202) 543-1778 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If so we would be interested in learning about your experiences in working with students or with the Gallaudet administration? Please send an email or call Molly Singer to tell her, what your experience was like. Call (202) 543-1778 or email: email@example.com.
We have salon dinners that have not been fully subscribed so please call the office (202) 543-1778) or email the office at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to sign up. The salons are listed below in order of the date they are scheduled for.
101. A Steady Hand in a Turbulent Sea: DC Cuncil Chair Phil Mendelson, Tuesday,
April 3, 6:30 pm to 9 pm. $100 each.
102. Sweet Expectations: A Cookie Tutorial for Decadent Desserts, Wednesday,
April 4, 2 pm to 4 pm. Wi7h Christopher Rios, $50 each.
103. Tea with Judith Viorst to Contemplate Life Lessons from Under Eight to Over Eighty,
Thursday, April 12, 4 pm to 6 pm. $75 each.
104. Inside the Middle East with Retired Ambassador Richard Schmierer, Saturday,
April 14, 6:30 pm to 9 pm. $75 each.
105. Jack Wennersten: A Man of the Bay, Sunday April 15, 6:30 to 9 pm. $75 each.
107. When the Chicago Cubs Ruled Baseball: Author David Rapp, Saturday,
April 21, 6:30 to 9 pm. $75 each.
108. Ready to Pitch Hardball: An Evening with Chris Matthews, Sunday,
April 22, 5:30 pm to 8 pm. $100 each.
109. Jim Jones: A Commitment to the Public and Private Sectors, Tuesday, May 1,
6:30 to 9 pm. $75 each.
111. From America to the Republic of Georgia and Back Again: Meet Capitol Hill Chorale
Director Frederick Binkholder, Friday, May 4, 6:30 pm to 9 pm. $75 each.
113. When Creativity Infuses Education: An Evening with Peggy O’Brien, Saturday,
May 19, 6:30 pm to 9 pm. $75 each.
115. Marguerite Kelly: The Ultimate Mother’s Helper, Saturday, September 15,
6:30 pm. $75 each.
116. Curtain Up! Artistic Directors Marcus Kyd and Colin Hovde Talk Theater,
September 2018 (date TBA), 7 to 9 pm. $75 each.
Spaces are limited. Call or email soon to grab a spot at the table!
CHV is looking for a highly organized person, excellent in Quickbooks and knowledgeable of IT, in general.Also must be have excellent customer service. Find the job description here.
Capitol Hill Village is celebrating our 10th Anniversary! Friends and 10th anniversary honorees offer reflections about Capitol Hill Village in this video.
Click here to view.
The Capitol Hill Village CFC number is 55474
CHV is proud to have been selected for the 2015-2016 Catalogue for Philanthropy
The Capitol Hill Village United Way number is 8066
CHV is proud to have been selected for a Grant from the MAXIMUS Foundation
CHV members receive a discount on Sport and Health Capitol Hill Membership fee. Sport and Health Gym is
the former Results the Gym, located at
3rd and I Streets SE, near Garfield Park.
(Click here for more info)
Wise Guys Resources
A Greater Capitol Hill For Long Life #1: One-Level Living Documents of Interest
Click the Google map to view Condos and Rentals from William Sisolak's presentation.
|Contact us: 202-543-1778 | email@example.com
|Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter