September 1, 2022
Click here to download a PDF of the September CHV News.
- Get Your Move On! CHV wants to get you moving, and we’ve got lots of ideas. For two weeks, starting Saturday Sept. 17, you can rack up activity minutes and help raise funds for CHV programs. Check out the Events List for activities you can join, and check the GYMO web site for special walks and bike rides. Save October 1 for a GYMO Celebration in Lincoln Park! See pages 1 & 2.
- Pickleball may be an activity you’ve been wanting to try—read how Village members took the initiative to create a playing court on Capitol Hill. There are frequent games and new folks are always welcome. See page 8.
- CHV is also encouraging you to get a move on Getting Your Papers in Order. Those important personal and legal documents need to be up-to-date as part of end-of-life planning. See page 4.
- If you need transportation to doctor’s appointments, educational programs, or other activities, there is news on the VetsRide Program and ConnectorCard. See page 5.
- Don’t let wrist pain slow you down—CHV wants to organize a group to share experiences and techniques for managing challenges. See page 9.
Interested in sponsoring CHV for a month? To find out more, contact Judy Berman for details: firstname.lastname@example.org.