Click here to download a PDF of the September CHV News.
- Home health care aide training, a key priority of the CHV Advocacy Team, takes a step forward in the City Council budget. See page 1.
- CHV Board President Bruce Brennan, who steps aside at the end of the year, introduces leadership for the coming year. See page 4.
- CHV is on social media; learn how to get connected. See page 5.
- District Dialogues—CHV’s contribution to conversations on race and justice—explored how a novel approach to urban gardening is helping to address food insecurity in DC. See page 10.
- The LGBTQ Intergenerational Symposium, September 24-25, will be filled with panel discussions, wellness sessions, and opportunities for fun and making connections. See pages 11 and 24.
- Norm Metzger reflects on some positives after a rather calamitous year. See page 13.
- For people with hearing loss, video captioning is invaluable; Vira Sisolak outlines how to enable captions including on Zoom. See page 14.
Thank you to Age-Friendly DC for Sponsoring CHV for the month of September!
Interested in sponsoring CHV for a month? To find out more, contact Judy Berman for details: firstname.lastname@example.org.