November 30, 2022
Click here to download the latest CHV News.
- ‘Tis the season! If you’d like to bake holiday cookies to share with members, please see page 16 and register here. We also need volunteers to package and deliver the goodies.
The CHV Holiday Open House is on December 20 at the Hill Center. Please register here and drop by to enjoy music, wine, good cheer, and camaraderie. See page 16 and page 22 for details.
- Feeling lonely is not unusual during holiday periods, and as Carole King might say, ‘you’ve got a friend’ at CHV. We also give you some tips for coping. See pages 1 &2.
- DC Parks and Recreation is updating and renovating parks in the Capitol Hill area, and, of course, the CHV Advocacy Team is all over it—making recommendations for specific senior-related items. See pages 1 & 5.
- Executive Director Judy Berman is thinking about the future, and wants to make 2023 the year of Emergency Preparedness at CHV better prepare us for whatever emergency hits—whether it’s a pandemic or snowstorm or anything else. See page 3.
- It’s not too late for end-of-year charitable giving, and Angela Beckham has all the information you need if you want to make a contribution to CHV. See page 8.
Interested in sponsoring CHV for a month? To find out more, contact Judy Berman for details: firstname.lastname@example.org.