Learn all the latest Gala news, as well as news about:
- CHV Calls on City to Address Long-Term Care Needs, p. 1
- Feb. 25th Wellness Café: Better in 2020—Maximizing Resiliency, p. 8
- Where to get help with your taxes, p. 10
- Tips on getting a REAL ID, p. 10
- Revisions in Medicare Reimbursement for In-Home Services, p. 11
- And much, much more.
Everything’s “Jake” as the
CHV Gala and Auction Nears
- The flappers’ dresses are cleaned and pressed.
- Hats, pearls, and boas are procured for the photo booth.
- Champagne bottles are decorated with pearls and sparkles for table center-pieces.
- People are practicing their best Roaring Twenties lingo.
- Memorabilia from 1920s is being collected—including your own family photos from the twenties, if you’d care to share them.
- The roadster is on order (well, maybe a cardboard version).
- The Man in the Green Hat—the Hill’s bootlegger—may make an appearance.
- People are practicing the Charleston and the Lindy Hop.
All of this adds up to Glitz, Gangsters and Gatsby and another spectacular Capitol Hill Village Gala on Saturday, Feb. 29, from 7:00–10:00 p.m. at St. Mark’s Church, 301 A St. SE.
Everything about the Gala is at: http://bidpal.net/chvgala.
Use this website to buy tickets, view auction offerings, bid on selected offerings, sponsor the Gala, donate, and more. Read all about it in the February News, then go online to the auction site and register!